GBR? CTG? WTF!
Predictable bone grafting and soft tissue management around single implants
Implant dentistry has brought us a paradigm shift in the treatment of the partial dentition.
90% of dentists who place implants, place less than 20 a year and often struggle with GBR and getting stable soft tissues around the eventual implant.
This course is aimed at GDP’s placing between 5 and 30 implants a year, who wish to expand their knowledge and skills for connective tissue grafting and GBR around implants.
The day will consist of an hour lecture regarding the theory and application of the various types of connective tissue grafts and their indications, followed by live surgery with implant placement and a CTG (connective tissue graft) in the morning.
Followed after lunch (provided) with a hands on exercise on pig jaws, where participants will place an implant, do GBR and a CTG (connective tissue graft).
- To understand the use of CTG’s (connective tissue graft), their application and indications around implants.
- To understand the application and indications for GBR.
- To become more proficient in the practical application and case selection for the above procedures.
- To be able to select and be competent in the use of the appropriate suturing materials and knots for the stabilisation and fixation of bone and CTG’s (connective tissue graft).
- Surgical loupes of =>2.5x magnification are advisable, all other materials and equipment will be provided.
- Lunch and refreshments will also be provided.
Date: Friday 17th May 2019
Venue: Heaton Dental Clinic, 392 Chillingham Road, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE6 5QX
Course fee: £399